I’ve pulled together my list of 101 things that I will do in 1001 days.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: January 1, 2009. End Date: September 29, 2011.
Accomplished (with the date)
1. Pay my car off.
2. De-clutter my life – get rid of (give away/sell/donate/throw out) 101 items – e.g. clothes, books, ornaments etc…
3. Take Gavin to see snow. (Accomplished- 12/15-12/27 in Michigan).
4. Take Gavin to see Santa (Accomplished- 12/2008).
5. Pay off our credit by the end of 2009 minus our cars.
6. Make pizza from scratch. (Accomplished- 1/2009)
7. Make a cheesecake.
8. Find bedroom furniture that we both love. (Accomplished 03/2009)
9. Go on a amazing honeymoon since we didn’t get to take one when we got married.
10. Take Gavin to Disney Land. (Accomplished 05/2009)
11. Make a calendar for the family with all of our birthdays and anniversaries in it. (Accomplished- 1/2009)
12. Go on a cruise (this could relate back to the honeymoon post)
13. Have a serious spa day
14. Compile all of the recipes that I use or would like to use often, and copy them into my recipe book
15. Go to the dentist
16. Go on one date/month – just the two of us (3/33)
17. Get a KitchenAid ice cream maker.
18. Drink 8 to 9 glasses of water a day.
19. Create a cleaning schedule.
20. Stick to cleaning schedule for 1 month straight.
21. Sit down with Nick and plan (financially) for next house.
22. Make a family cookbook.
23. Go to a pottery studio.
24. Get a new cell phone. (Accomplished 02/2009)
25. Buy a set of Calphalon pots and pans. (Accomplished 02/2009)
26. Get a new dresser and night stands for our bedroom (We’ve got the dresser, looking at night stands)
27. Get Gavin a toy box
28. Get a membership to the San Diego Zoo.
29. Meet some of the girls from MSOS.
30. Get a Wii.(Accomplished 1/2009)
31. Collect items throughout year for Toys for Teens.
32. Get a new vacuum. (Accomplished 1/2009)
33. Get canister sets for kitchen (Accomplished- 1/2009)
34. Get a new couch. (Accomplished 03/2009)
35. Get a new coffee table/end tables for living room. (We decided against these for now because of space)
36. Make or buy curtains for the entire house
37. Make the house look great for Christmas (1/2)
38. Get Gavin a big boy bed with a bedroom set.
39. Try 5 new restaurants (4/5).
40. Get a breadmaker. (Accomplished 07/2009)
41. Learn to use my camera better.
42. Go swimming with the dolphins (I know this one is a LONG shot, but, it’s worth it to me to put it here)
43. Watch the sun rise.
44. Watch the sun set.
45. Send flowers to my mom and mother in law twice a year. (0/4)
46. Get a new family car.
47. Learn not to say yes when you really mean no. (this one is going to be really hard for me).
48. Look into your child’s eyes, see yourself, and smile. (Accomplished 01/2009)
49. Send 5 care packages for absolutely no reason at all. (5/5)
50. Buy new t.v’s.
51. Kiss Nick on New Years at midnight (this will be tonight and my first tasks completed). (Accomplished 01/01/2009)
52. Fix 1 new dinner a month (1/33)
53. Visit Mexico and stay the weekend. (We’ve decided aganist this because of the swine flu)
54. Switch to all-natural cleaning products.
55. Update my address book.
56. Get a massage.
57. Take a cooking or baking class.
58. Stay off the computer until my household duties are done.(Accompolished 1/2009)
59. Go to Los Angeles.
60. Go apple picking with Gavin and Nick.
61. Eat something i’ve never eaten before.
62. Get something from Etsy.
63. Decorate for every holiday.
64. Get a new small patio set
65. Write a letter to my grandmothers every month (3/33)
66. Wait 24 hours before buying anything that costs more than $20 (unless emergency purchase).
67. Get Gavin potty-trained.
68. Start a savings account for Gavin
69. Attend one mom’s group event. (Accomplished 03/2009)
70. Get a manicure.
71. Get a pedicure.
72. Create a yearly family photo book.
73. Get a webcam to talk to family when we move.
74. Trade our computer in for a new one before warranty ends. (2010)
75. Blog about each 101 item.
76. Look into getting a family friendly pet. (We can’t do this since where we are moving does not allow pets)
77. Plan for baby #2.
78. Breastfeed baby #2.
79. Do something special for our 1 year anniversary. (Since N was gone for our 1 yr., we are planning on working on this!)
80. Subscribe to the magazines I buy weekly to save money.
81. Take Jill to the vet.
82. Go to the dr. for yearly visits.
83. Take a morning walk every day with Gavin during the week (30/104)
84. Make one of Martha Stewart’s crafting ideas.
85. Get a new set of everyday dishes (Accomplished 02/2009)
86. Have a picnic in the park
87. Get a printer for the laptop. (Accomplished 01/2009)
88. Get a new credit card (Accomplished 01/2009)
90. *private* (1/1)(Accomplished 1/2009)
91. Sincerely compliment a total stranger
92. Save $300.00 and go on a guilt free shopping trip.
93. Get Gavin’s hair cut (Accomplished 05/2009)
94. Find a house in San Diego to live in.(Accomplished 1/2009)
95. Get everything in order 2 weeks prior to move
96. Go to Balboa park in San Diego (Accomplished 05/2009)
97. Make Nick breakfast in bed.
98. Get Nick something unexpected on a whim.
99. Visit my family in FL at least once next year.
100. Spend a whole day watching dvd’s.
101. Take Gavin to get his first ice cream cone.